It’s Small Business Saturday!
We’ve often written about supporting Black Businesses. Read more here
A few facts about Black businesses:
- There are over 2.6 million Black businesses in the United States
- Most businesses fail within a year and a half because of lack of exposure
- Black people spend 1.2 trillion dollars annually in sales
So TREE put together a list of places to find Black-owned small businesses for you to check out! We are also highlighting small businesses on our Facebook and Instagram stories today. So follow us and tag us for a chance to be featured!
- Here’s an app to find Black-Owned Businesses
- I DON’T DO CLUBS made a list as well
- Rolling Out came out with a list that is still pretty good today
You can also find city-specific data across the country.
Philly for example has this list.
And here’s a good list of to-dos when you are buying Black today.
And read our HuffPost article about supporting Black Businesses!